Tuesday, January 29, 2008

I don't chase mainstream, NOT!



I believe it was in Hip Hop Weekly where I read about Mary J. Blige basically dissing some popular singers such as Mariah Carey, Beyonce & Rihanna. Saying that "Umbrella," was originally her song. But she decided to pass on it because she didn't wanna follow the mainstream route.

1st off I couldn't even see MJB singing "Umbrella," and even if she did, I don't think it would have went number 1. Originally I heard it was sent to multiple artists including Hilary Duff and Britney Spears as well, but after Rihanna sung it I don't think I could see anybody else to originally sing it.

But what really comes off odd to me is if MJB didn't wanna chase what mainstream was doing, why on earth would she have cut her hair into a bob, which Rihanna made famous throughout the 2007 year???

Way to fight the mainstream's power MJB, [Not!].

No comments:

Post a Comment