Thursday, January 22, 2009

Swagga Jacked by the American Idol Herself? | "My Life Would Suck Without You"



It seems Kelly Clarkson made an apt time for her comeback. After her 3rd album My December, which tanked in comparison to her 6x platinum selling Breakaway.

She returns with a not so new sound, from her first single; "My Life Would Suck Without You," which sounds exactly like the "Since U Been Gone" Clarkson mixed with the ever now popular ElectroPop-Rock sound that Katy Perry brings to her music on singles such as "Hot & Cold." Obiviously they chose the safe route for Clarkson, since she couldn't afford to have another album not do well. Max Martin & Dr. Luke also wrote the song, who've had big successes with Pink ("So What"), Avril Lavigne ("Girlfriend"), Brintey Spears ("Circus"), and previously Clarkson ("Since U Been Gone"). All I Ever Wanted is due on March 10th, 2009.

I'm expecting the majority of the music to revisit the sound from Breakaway, but stay current to popular music-and ElectroPop is in, just ask Britney, & newcomer Lady GaGa who both landed at number 1 on the Billboard Hot 100 ("Womanizer" & "Just Dance")

Two odd things regarding the release of "My Life Would Suck Without You," is that iTunes is oddly billing it as: "My Life Would S**k Without You." It really s**ks because I never knew s**k always meant something dirty. Nevertheless it managed to quickly peak at number 1 on the iTunes Top Songs chart- which means it will be in the Billboard Hot 100 Top 10 next week. Guess I was wrong! But also the cover to 'My Life...' strikingly resembles Crazy Town's album cover for their 1999 album, The Gift Of Game. seems like Crazy Town deserves some sort of royalty for inspiring the cover. I mean both clearly have the same positions and everything, just look at it above!


WHAT DO YOU THINK OF "My Life Would Suck Without You," LEAVE COMMENTS below!

No comments:

Post a Comment