Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Obvious Standout will Exceed A-Side




So, after viewing and hearing both of Beyonce’s new singles, I must admit one outshines the other by a long shot. I’m really not digging the vibe of “Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It)” the song, or the video. The video was extremely boring, and overly simple, just dancing, Um, I don’t think so-to me that screams boring. Not to mention the song really has the vibe of “Get Me Bodied.”

As for “If I Were A Boy,” I think Beyonce totally got Toby Gad, to write a somewhat similar musical knock of Fergie’s “Big Girls Don’t Cry (Personal),” mixed with the message of Ciara’s “Like A Boy.” That being sad, it still is a decent song with an interesting video concept. I really enjoyed how almost until the end of the song, we didn’t see Beyonce singing any of the song, we only saw the cinematic video being acted out. The dramatic dialogue after the song’s bridge was a nice additon as well.

Overall I think we will look to see a lot more of “If I Were A Boy,” and a lot less of “Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It)” since it’s obvious which is a stronger contender for becoming a Top Billboard Hot 100 single, and that one single is intended for Pop radio (CHR/Top 40), while the other being Urban formats (Hip Hop/R&B).

No comments:

Post a Comment