Saturday, February 9, 2008

R&B Field [My Votes for the] 50th Annual Grammy's




Who I want/think should win is in gray.

FEMALE R&B VOCAL PERFORMANCE
"Just Fine" - Mary J. Blige
"When I See U" - Fantasia *
"No One" - Alicia Keys
"If I Have My Way" - Chrisette Michele
"Hate On Me" - Jill Scott

* The Grammy’s was supposed to have celebrating music from October 1st, 2006 till September 30th, 2007… Being so I do not know how MJB’s “Just Fine,” got nominated since it was released on October 16th, 2007. That’s not fair to me, and I DON’T want her to win, I will be mad. And “No One,” was a good song, but I really want to see Fantasia become a Grammy award winning artist, and I liked, “When I See U” a lot.

MALE R&B VOCAL PERFORMANCE
"Woman" - Raheem DeVaughn
"B.U.D.D.Y." - Musiq Soulchild
"Because Of You" - Ne-Yo *
"Future Baby Mama" – Prince
"Please Don't Go" - Tank

* These artist really didn’t have that big of a year to me personally. I mean I’m only familiar with “Because Of You.”

R&B PERFORMANCE BY A DUO OR GROUP WITH VOCALS
"Same Girl" - R. Kelly Featuring Usher
"Disrespectful" - Chaka Khan Featuring Mary J. Blige
"Hate That I Love You" - Rihanna Featuring Ne-Yo *
"Baby" - Angie Stone Featuring Betty Wright
"Bartender" - T-Pain Featuring Akon *

* I really wouldn’t mind seeing “Bartender,” or “Hate That I Love You,” win, both were great songs during the year. Wonder why they weren’t up for best contemporary R&B album…hmmm?

R&B SONG
"Beautiful Flower" - India.Arie & Joyce Simpson, songwriters (India.Arie)
"Hate That I Love You" - M.S. Eriksen, T.E. Hermansen & Shaffer Smith, songwriters (Rihanna Featuring Ne-Yo) *
"No One" - Dirty Harry, Kerry Brothers & Alicia Keys, songwriters (Alicia Keys)
"Teachme" - Ivan Barias, Adam W. Blackstone, Randall C. Bowland, Carvin Haggins, Johnnie Smith II & Corey Latif Williams, songwriters (Musiq Soulchild)
"When I See U" - Louis Biancaniello, Waynne Nugent, Erika Nuri, Kevin Risto, Janet Sewel & Sam Watters, songwriters (Fantasia) *

* Again, I’d rather not see Alicia Key’s receive a ton of more Grammy’s especially since “No One,” didn’t blow up during the allotted Grammy period [October 2006-September 2007], I’d like to see this one go to “When I See U,” or “Hate That I Love You.” It’d be nice to see a new Grammy award winner.

CONTEMPORARY R&B ALBUM
"Konvicted" - Akon *
"Just Like You" - Keyshia Cole *
"Fantasia" - Fantasia *
"East Side Story" - Emily King
"Because Of You" - Ne-Yo

* It’d be nice to see Keyshia Cole earn her 1st Grammy award, but her album was barely released in the Grammy period[October 2006-September 2007], and hasn’t been overly huge, single wise yet-not that it could, it’s only been out for about 4 months. Ne-Yo and Fantasia to me didn’t have many singles that were popular to make their album a winner and that why my vote/choice would have to go to Akon for his sophomore effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment