Saturday, February 9, 2008

Rap Field [My Votes for the] 50th Annual Grammy's


Who I want/think should win is in brown.

RAP SOLO PERFORMANCE
"The People" - Common
"I Get Money" - 50 Cent
"Show Me What You Got" - Jay-Z
"Big Things Poppin' (Do It)" - T.I.
"Stronger" - Kanye West

RAP PERFORMANCE BY A DUO OR GROUP
"Southside" - Common Featuring Kanye West
"Make It Rain" - Fat Joe Featuring Lil Wayne
"Party Like A Rockstar" - Shop Boyz
"Int'l Players Anthem (I Choose You)" - UGK Featuring OutKast
"Better Than I've Ever Been" - Kanye West, Nas & KRS-One

RAP/SUNG COLLABORATION *
"I Wanna Love You" - Akon Featuring Snoop Dogg
"Kiss, Kiss" - Chris Brown & T-Pain
"Let It Go" - Keyshia Cole Featuring Missy Elliott & Lil' Kim
"Umbrella" - Rihanna Featuring Jay-Z
"Good Life" - Kanye West Featuring T-Pain

* This category to me is made up of really great songs and artists and I really do believe that whoever wins will truly deserve the win. And as a side night, does anybody find it weird how 4/5 of the nominee's are R&B artists featuring rap artists. Rather than a rap artist featuring a R&B singer...


RAP SONG
"Ayo Technology" - Nate (Danja) Hills, Curtis Jackson, Timothy Mosley & Justin Timberlake, songwriters (50 Cent Featuring Justin Timberlake & Timbaland)
"Big Things Poppin' (Do It)" - Clifford Harris & Byron Thomas, songwriters (T.I.)
"Can't Tell Me Nothing" - A. Davis & Kanye West, songwriters (Kanye West)
"Crank That (Soulja Boy)" - Soulja Boy Tell'Em, songwriter (Soulja Boy Tell'Em)
"Good Life" - A. Davis, F. Najm & K. West, songwriters (J. Ingram & Q. Jones, songwriters) (Kanye West Featuring T-Pain)

RAP ALBUM
"Finding Forever" - Common
"Kingdom Come" - Jay-Z
"Hip Hop Is Dead" - Nas
"T.I. vs T.I.P." - T.I. *
"Graduation" - Kanye West


* T.I.'s album really suffered from the follow up single choices, and the result of him being put on house arest, low promotion.

No comments:

Post a Comment